Mindfulness is a form of attention and awareness training that helps people relate to and cope more effectively with their everyday experiences.
Mindfulness is the awareness that emerges through paying attention on purpose in the present moment and non-judgementally to things as they areJon Kabat-Zinn 1994.p4
Through the practice of mindfulness, we become aware of our thoughts, feelings and bodily sensations and surrounding environment in the present moment. By observing from a non-reactive perspective we are able to consciously respond with clarity and focus, rather than react out of habitual patterns.
Everyone can benefit from mindfulness:
- People experiencing work related stress – Sensitivity to stressful environments or difficulties with their work such as poor concentration, perfectionism or procrastination
- Those caught in cycles of worry, anxiety, irritability, low mood, poor self-esteem and lack of confidence
- People who want to find ways of working with general stress and anxiety more effectively and for increasing their overall well-being, self-awareness and insight
- Anyone who want strategies to deal with the general complexity and pace of modern life
We all face pressures and stresses and can get stuck in personal reactions. Whilst the things we find stressful and challenging may not change, the way we deal or react to them can. If we are more accepting of our thoughts and feelings we are in a better place to make wise choices that help us deal with difficult situations more effectively.
What is Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction?
MBSR is an 8 week course developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Centre in the USA which has been used for over 30 years to help with pain, depression, anxiety and to create mental balance and well-being.
At Mindset-Massage we have used our experience and knowledge of working in a corporate environment and slightly adapted our MBSR courses to be more relevant to managing work related stress and increasing mental well-being and effectiveness at work.
What are the benefits of MBSR?
Mindfulness-based approaches are effective in:
- Managing stress, worry, anxiety and depression
- Improving people’s relationships
- Increasing attention, focus, concentration and mental balance
- Promoting better energy and enthusiasm
- Raising levels of self-confidence
- Increase ability to handle stressful situations
Our exciting 8 week MBSR program is informative, interactive and fun. It can be adapted to specific Company requirements and includes:
- An introduction to mindfulness and meditation
- How we can cultivate mindfulness every day
- Rewiring the stress response
- The effects of stress on the body
- Mindful movement
- How to make mindfulness part of our everyday lives
There are lots of practical exercises too including:
- Body scan meditation
- Mindful meditation
- Quick and easy breathing techniques to help ground and refocus
We are able to accommodate groups of up to 12 people based on weekly 2 hour sessions over an 8 week period. The course finishes with a half day retreat where we fully explore the skills acquired. If you would like to find out more please get in touch today and we will be happy to discuss your requirements and provide a no-obligation quote.