Mandy worked in a corporate environment for many years, primarily in field sales where she faced and achieved challenging targets, often at the expense of her own well-being. When, she was forced to take a break as the result of a physical injury and stress at work, her rehabilitation led her to explore and discover the benefits of massage. Already having a love of essential oils, yoga and being a part-time Zumba Instructor, Mandy had a strong interest in well-being and mental health and so decided that the time had come to leave field sales and re-train as a massage therapist with a view to following a career in something she was passionate about. Her vision became a reality and she set up her own practice in the comfort and privacy of her home salon, offering Holistic full body massage, Indian Head massage and Seated massage.
Seeing the benefits of massage, Mandy was keen to expand her knowledge and so went on to train in Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). Living in the heart of the beautiful Berkshire countryside with her husband and their daughter aged 18, who is training to be a counsellor (clearly sharing her mum’s passion for well-being and mental health), Mandy continues to run her homebased practice and is a member of the Complimentary Medical Association.
Debbie’s journey was predominantly driven by her son’s diagnosis of Tourette’s at the age of 7, followed by OCD and ADHD a few years later. Being keen to know more about her son’s conditions and how best to support him led her down a path that was to take her out of the corporate world in which she had spent so many enjoyable years, into a rewarding and fulfilling career in the world of special needs, disabilities and mental health. She discovered that the massage she learned from her earlier days doing manicure and pedicure was the one thing that calmed his Tics and so embarked on a journey to train as a specialist massage therapist in the field of mental health and wellbeing, working with both children and adults of all ages and abilities. This evolved into researching and training in other forms of therapy related to mental health and well-being, including Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). Debbie is a member of the Complimentary Medical Association and continues to work with her own clients, predominantly children with Autism and ADHD and clients with physical disabilities.
Today, aged 16, her son still requests a massage most days and is a keen participant of EFT sessions. Debbie and her son share their home with Bonnie, a rescue cat who has been part of their family for 12 years now.
The two met in 2019 after a chance comment by Debbie about wanting to grow her Business connected them. Discovering that not only did they both have the same love of the outdoors and walking, good food, people and the desire to ‘make a difference’, but they also had the same passion for health and wellbeing, along with the same goals and visions about the benefits of taking their services into workplaces and the corporate world…….
And so, Mindset-Massage was born.
Awards and Skills
- Diploma in Advanced Functional Massage for Additional Needs
- Diploma in Seated/Chair Acupressure Massage for the Workplace
- Diploma in Indian Head Massage for Special Needs
- Diploma in Anatomy, Physiology and Massage
- Trained and certified in Shiatsu seated chair massage
- Certified Rainbow Kids Massage Therapy Practitioner
- Certificate in Chair-based Exercise Instructor
- Certificate in Understanding Anxiety – Creative Education
- Certificate in Promoting Resilience – Creative Education
- NCFE Diploma in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- NCFE Level 3 Psychology Certificate
- Level 3 Diploma Practitioners level in Emotional Freedom Therapy (EFT)
- Safeguarding Children Universal Certificate
- FHT Certificate in Seated Massage and Indian Head Massage
- Certificate in Aromatherapy
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Diploma